Back To Schedule
Friday, May 14 • 9:00pm - 11:00pm
The Poetry Brothel, hosted by The Poetry Society of New York

Sign up or log in to save this to your schedule, view media, leave feedback and see who's attending!

Feedback form is now closed.
Ring in spring at a moonlit literary cabaret! On May 14, join The Poetry Brothel as we bathe in the wisdom of poets and mystics, celebrate the body with poetry of the flesh, and cocoon in private break out rooms for intimate readings! This special late night event will benefit Butterfly, an organization founded by sex workers dedicated to supporting Asian and Migrant Sex Workers with legal assistance, health resources, education, advocacy, support network building, and more. Admission is Pay-What-You-Can and 30% of proceeds will be donated to Butterfly, while the other 70% will be split between performers. Poets include Stephanie Burt as Emma Fraught, Christian Perfas as Kid Rexx, and Kailey Tedesco as Hortensia Celeste among many more. It is time to break down, rebuild & begin the transformation, lovelies. Purchase tickets to the magic or find out more through Eventbrite*.

*This event is host by the Poetry Society of New York and requires a separate registration.

avatar for Shari Caplan

Shari Caplan

Shari Caplan is the author of “Advice from a Siren” (Dancing Girl Press, 2016). Her work appears in Zoetic Press, Drunk Monkeys, and Deluge and is forthcoming from Blue Lyra Review and The Rhylsing Anthology, a publication of Rhylsing Award nominees. A graduate of Lesley University’s... Read More →
avatar for Kailey Tedesco

Kailey Tedesco

Kailey Tedesco is the author of She Used to be on a Milk Carton (April Gloaming Publishing), Lizzie, Speak, and FOREVERHAUS (both White Stag Publishing). She is a senior editor for Luna Luna Magazine, and she teaches an ongoing course on the witch in literature in Bethlehem, PA. You... Read More →
avatar for Stephanie Burt

Stephanie Burt

Stephanie Burt is a professor of English at Harvard. Her books of poetry include Advice from the Lights (2017), Belmont (2013), and Parallel Play (2006), all from Graywolf Press, and Popular Music (1999). Her books of literary criticism include Don’t Read Poetry: A Book About... Read More →
avatar for Christian Perfas

Christian Perfas

Christian Perfas is a second-generation Filipino-American spoken word poet who speaks on the Song, Truth Universal, and Flow of his own wandering spirit. Originally trained in the art of hip-hop and improv, Christian has learned from legendary spaces such as The Spoken Literature... Read More →

Friday May 14, 2021 9:00pm - 11:00pm EDT